Friday 3 December 2010

Audience Research

 My target audience is ideally teenagers to young adults, who are interested in Hip Hop/RnB, Grime, and Indie music. I am aware that Indie music may be a slight stretch, but I found that most people that enjoy RnB also enjoy indie music.
According to my results, the most popular music genres are: rock with , indie alternative, dupstep/techno and hip Hop/R&B. I am aware that having a magazine that has a variety of different styles of music could be quite risky. but i also know that people generally don't tend to listen to just one type of music, i can back this theory up by acknowledging that in my questionnaire when i asked the question 'State the music genres that are your favorite (maximum 3), every person i interviewed put 3 types of music down. this to me indicated that there is not one significant type of music everyone listens to and is only faithful to. I think it mainly depends on the setting a person is in, the mood and the mind set. therefore By creating a magazine that targets different types of genres might expand the target market, and increase the chance that my magazine would be successfull because it's USP would be the fact that it targets different types of music not just one specific type of music, like other magazines such as 'Kerrang'.


According to my results, people spend most their money on clothes. Which means advertising clothes in the magaines might be a good idea. I also asked what people's favorite brands are to get an idea of what i should advertise in my magazines. The results where as follows:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment